Who do I tell about physical problems with my unit?
Contact the Maintenace Manager through online at HBVmaintenance@gmail.com or Emergency Only phone (828) 832-6776. For regular maintenance you will be contacted within 2 business days. For emergencies you will be contacted within 2 hours. Emergencies are water coming through the ceiling, no electricity in just your unit, etc.

How can I reach the Property Manager in person?
You will need to make an appointment with the Property Manager or his associates by emailing dawson@thewilsonagencytn.com or calling  (423) 952-1872.

How can I reach Officers of the Board of Directors?
Address your written comments to the Property Manager at dawson@the wilsonagencytn.com , who will then forward your message to the appropriate person.

May I attend the Board of Directors' Annual meeting?
Unit owners and visitors are encouraged to attend the Annual Meeting, which is held on the third Saturday of July at 10 am. Proper notification will be sent before the meeting.

How much are monthly fees? What does my fee pay for?
The assessment for a one-bedroom is $355 and $495 for a two bedroom unit. The monthly fee pays for water, sewer, Town trash costs, Spectrum TV and internet, insurance and property taxes for common grounds, clubhouse and property manager's fees and maintenance for common grounds. The monthly fees also pay for the continued upkeep of Holiday Beech Villas. See Where Do My Dues Go?

How do I handle my unit's trash?
THERE ARE TWO DUMPSTERS AT THE CLUBHOUSE FOR HOUSEHOLD TRASH.  DO NOT LEAVE TRASH ON THE OUTSIDE OF YOUR UNIT OR PLACE IT IN THE POOP STATION CANS! It attracts bears and raccoons. BULK ITEMS MUST BE TAKEN TO THE WATAUGA OR AVERY COUNTY DUMPS. Please break down all cardboard boxes and toss your garbage bags towards the back of the dumpster.

Who may use the Club House?
Any homeowner or homeowner's guest may visit or schedule events in the Club House. Groups must clean up afterwards and place furnishings as they were before the event. Two institutional washers and two clothes dryers are available. Four quarters operates each machine. You must contact the Property Manager at 828-262-1571 to reserve the clubhouse.

Can I get work done on my unit using Holiday Beech's maintenance contractor?
Email HBVmaintenance@gmail.com and they will help with that information.

Who do I tell about physical problems with my unit?
Contact the Property Manager through email: HBVmaintenance@gmail.com or phone (423) 952-1872 or go online to https://henderson.vmsclientonline.com .
The Manager will forward the Request form to the designated person for attention. Follow-up notification of disposition of request will then occur. For emergencies, or for off-site owners, e-mail questions and requests to the Manager at the above contact information.

Can I have my own washer and dryer?
Yes, but it must be approved by the Board and installed by a licensed contractor to avoid damage to other units. Dryers MAY NOT be vented to the front of the building.

May I add a side deck to my corner unit?
At this time the Board is against adding any additional decks to the original structure.

May I add a hot tub to my unit on the back deck?
The Board as voted against adding any type of hot tubs on the deck structure.​

I'm handicapped: how do I request special structures for my unit?
All special requests should be submitted in writing to the Board through the Manager. These are reviewed according to the bylaws and upon the advice the HBV homeowners. The Board is committed to meeting the special needs of unit owners within legal guidelines, structural issues and available resources. Owners will be financially responsible for any changes or additions to their units or ramps to their units.

Is the local wildlife dangerous?
They can be if approached.  Goundhogs live alongside some stairs; black bears frequent the area; raccoons are dominant on the property; feral cats are few, deer are plentiful. None of these wild animals should be fed, petted or teased. 

Can we pick the wild berries and flowers in the area?
Yes, at your own risk. Chiggers and other insects live on the berries and in the flowers. Ferns and other fauna are infected with fungus which spreads quickly to other near-by plants and flowers.

Is there a pet ordinance?
Holiday Beech Villas is pet friendly. The Association has a policy that homeowners must keep their pets leashed and under control when in common areas. Pets should be curbed and kept from garden areas, walkways and areas around cars. Owners should clean up after pets and dispose of wastes appropriately. There are poop stations at Lower Holiday, Mid Holiday, and Upper Holiday. Unsupervised animals should not be left alone on decks where they may disturb others. See our Pet Policy

Is it safe for children?
Yes, but should be supervised. Greatest danger comes to children who play on rocks around the buildings and free fall down the mountain when they slip.

How am I kept informed?
The management company will provide email updates to homeowners. The Board of Directors have also periodically sent out a newsletter via email to homeowners.Past newsletters are available on the website: www.hbvillas.org..

Why is there trash on the grounds, and what can be done about it?
During renovations to buildings, stairwells, roads and other structures, materials may be visible near buildings. These piles of stocked materials are temporary and will be removed as soon as feasible. Each person should do their part to pick up small items (cans, bottles, papers) around the grounds. Cigarette smokers are asked to dispose of their butts within trash cans.

Where can I get recommendations for persons to provide other assistance or repairs that are not the responsibility of HBV?
You can find a list of contractors on the Town website..

Are smoke and carbon monoxide detectors required?
If your rent your unit, the Town of Beech Mountain requires a smoke detector, a carbon monoxide detector, and a fire extinguisher in the unit.

May I install a fireplace in my unit?
Yes. According to North Carolina State Law non-vented gas heaters which do not require any chimney or structural changes are allowed in two bedroom units. One bedroom units that are open to the living area must have a vented gas fireplace. These vented units must be vented out to the back porch so that the vents can not be seen from the front of the buildings. Existing stone fireplaces in two-bedroom units may continue to burn wood, but for fire safety owners are urged to change to propane gas. The association required that propane fireplaces or heaters be installed by a licensed contractor. Confirmation with HBV's maintenance staff of tank placement is a prerequisite to installation. A town ordinance requires all propane tanks must be screened. Authentic-looking electric fireplaces which throw heat are also allowed.

May I have a charcoal or gas grill on either deck?
No. State Regulations prohibit any open fire on wooden decking or patios of multi-family homes. You may only grill on your deck using an electric grill.

How do I find the water turn-off valve for work on my unit?
Individual shut-offs are located in the crawlspace of A, C, G, the smaller side of F, H and K buildings.
B, D, E and the larger side of F do not have individual shut-offs.
Contact the property manager for additional info or if you need assistance to close the shut-off valves at 704-970-4155.

Is there a way to control use of my phone for unapproved long distance calls?
 Spectrum will require a call to them to ascertain what type of service they offer. If you rent your unit, you are required to have a landline in the condo.

How can I add other TV channels to my Basic package?
You will need to contact Spectrum with your and add whichever channels you would like. Any additions to the basic package will be at your expense.

Before heading up to Beech, how can I know for sure whether there is snow ?
Go to www.averyweather.com. This is "Ray's Weather" and he is THE most accurate meteorologist for the High Country. DON'T GO TO THE WEATHER CHANNEL'S WEATHER. IT'S NOT ACCURATE FOR BEECH MOUNTAIN. Call for current snow report at 800-438-2093, or visit www.skibeech.com. Road conditions tell a lot about fresh snowfall: www.ncdot.org or call 877-368-4968.

Questions Asked by Owners and Renters

Holiday Beech Villas—Your Mountain Destination